Getting Your Property Rent Ready
Getting Your Property Rent Ready
We are committed to providing safe, clean, and properly maintained homes to our residents. We operate on the basic premise that we want to receive the property from you in this condition, expect the tenant to maintain the same condition through tenancy, and be able to turn the property back to you in the same condition, less normal wear and tear.
Complying With Virginia Laws
In order to comply with the Virginia Landlord Tenant Act (Virginia Landlord to Maintain Dwelling Unit Statues 55-225.3), Virginia judicial law, and Limehouse Property Management standards, the below items must be completed before we will advertise and rent a property.
- Comply with the requirements of applicable building and housing codes materially affecting health and safety
- Make all repairs and do whatever is necessary to put and keep the premises in a fit and habitable condition
- Maintain in good and safe working order and condition all electrical, plumbing, sanitary, heating, ventilating, air-conditioning and other facilities and appliances, including elevators, supplied or required to be supplied by landlord
- Supply running water and reasonable amounts of hot water at all times and reasonable air conditioning if provided
- Maintain the premises in such a condition as to prevent the accumulation of moisture and the growth of mold
Limehouse Property Management’s Full Rent-Ready Requirements
In order to comply with both Limehouse and Virginia state rental housing requirements, every property must meet the below list in order to be fully advertised and be considered “Rent Ready“.
- Carpets professionally cleaned
- Home professionally cleaned to “hotel room clean” standards
- Home free of all trash, personal items, and debris both inside and outside. This includes furniture, knickknacks, toiletries, shower curtains, kitchen or bathroom items, soap dispenser, pictures, etc.
- No lawn equipment including mowers, tools, etc.
- Garage floor swept
- Lawn cut and trimmed
- Landscaping fresh and clean
- HVAC system to be in good operating order and air filters replaced
- All mechanical equipment, including appliances, operating as designed
- Caulking in kitchen and bathrooms shall be clean and free of mildew
- Doors and locks re-keyed or replaced and functioning properly (please inquire about our preferred lock system)
- Windows must open, close, and lock properly and window screens be in good condition
- All painted surfaces fresh with no mismatch touch up areas and repainting must be done corner to corner
- All bedrooms windows must have vertical or mini-blinds
- Carbon monoxide detectors as required when any gas appliances are in the home
- Smoke detectors on each floor
- Smoke detector in each bedroom
- All light bulbs working with matching bulbs and hues for each individual fixture
- Doors open and close smoothly with door stops installed on all doors
- All mechanical components working as designed. Includes HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems, kitchen appliances, laundry appliances, sump pumps, water softeners, sprinkler systems, swamp coolers, gas fireplaces, water filtration systems, etc.
- Safety railings are secure
Disclaimer: Although we have tried to be thorough in our list, this may not cover each make-ready item, but does list some of the most important and often overlooked items.
If you have any questions, or want to get in touch with a property management professional, feel free to contact us today.